--- Go to the Front Page of the scroll series pages ---

September 30, 2006

Another month with no regular updates ... Partly that has been because there is nothing particularly 'photogenic' going on, and partly because there have been a lot of other things getting in the way of work on this project. I made a trip to Canada to see my new grandson, I did some printing for the Small Print Collection print, carved another print for Mokuhankan, and I published a bunch of books!

But time is running out, bit by bit, and I've got to get back to work on this scroll. Although a great deal of the preparation has been done, there is still of lot of work left to do - including a number of blocks still to be carved!

But the next job is clearly to get a first proof from these blocks - at least as far as is possible without the set being complete. Using some relatively inexpensive machine-made washi, I have been working on the test printing over the past few days. Getting the blocks properly lined up is indeed turning out to be a major struggle. With such large distances involved, every slight adjustment becomes magnified at the other end of the sheet. I am really going to have to keep right on top of it at every step of the way.

Anyway, here we are ... here is one of the sheets from the second 'run through' I've done so far:

A few things to note:

But anyway, she's starting to come to life!