--- Go to the Woodblock.com Front Page ---

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:50 am

Initial message to testers ... 
Site Admin

Post Initial message to testers ...
Tester friends - you have various ways to comment: either by replying to this message (in the same thread), or by starting another thread (topic, they call it). In either case, you'll have to register first, (or login, if you are already registered).

By the way, when registering, please note that you can use your real name - (with space if you wish ... 'Joe Blow'), for a username, and not just the traditional kind of cobbled-together one-word ID (joeblow ....). Registration to this place is 'closed', so you'll get an email telling you to wait a bit until an administrator 'approves' your account. You'll then get another email when that is done.

When you then login the first time, you can use the 'User Control Panel' (link in the header) to set things up the way you like it - hide your email from others, upload an avatar image, etc. etc.

Once this thing goes live - when the book is published - I'll be deleting this Test section, so feel free to post any critical comments, whatever ... The idea is to get this whole package - the book, and the forum - working as smoothly and usefully as possible.

TX!

Dave

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:34 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Post Re: This is the place to leave your comments ...
First time here Dave, navigation seems easy enough, gotta play a bit more with it to get comfy feeling........some thoughts....this strictly for e-book discussion or are you looking at a marriage between your other forums and this ?

One thing I was thinking. after reading the thread on paper buckling...if you are catering toward a beginner printmaker with your e-books...they would most likely purchase paper locally before investing in more expensive type....would it be useful to build with the help of members here a
database of papers and characteristics that would serve to guide new users. I am not proposing that you yourself try out other papers but rather if you were to setup a set of basic 'tests' then 'we' the users could report back and build a repository of information. I understand that there are many variables that apply to using the Japanese printmaking technique and that paper can vary quite a bit from batch to batch but perhaps there is some basic information that can be shared.....

again not sure if this would be the right place for that kind of information.

Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:21 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Post Re: This is the place to leave your comments ...
Julio Rodriguez wrote:
...would it be useful to build with the help of members here a database of papers and characteristics that would serve to guide new users. I am not proposing that you yourself try out other papers but rather if you were to setup a set of basic 'tests' then 'we' the users could report back and build a repository of information.

Well, once this thing gets up and running, and the forum starts to fill with information, anybody would be welcome to post about supplies and sources. Discussion of suitable papers would of course be most useful. The book itself will contain a suppliers directory, which I'll keep up-to-date through future editions.

I'm still toying with the idea that I should start to sell tools and supplies through my Mokuhankan shop, but I haven't managed to talk myself into that yet ... We'll see ...

Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:26 am
Profile E-mail WWW