--- Go to the Woodblock.com Front Page ---

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:50 pm

Taketori Series 

Post Re: Taketori Series
An update, at last, about Taketori series...

First, I ended disenchanted with the hosho paper I order (25 monme) due to its thickness. So, I ordered *other* non-100%-kozo paper, but sized. So I got my hands on another white *hosho* (sic) of 56 g/m2 and on one natural kizuki of 6 monme.

Obviously, after taking a second look to the blocks I realize I didn't carve deep enough (or left enough distance between carved-uncarved zones) so I removed wood here and there but didn't want to touch the keyblock too much. Why? Well, cleaning up the "Lady in Dress" keyblocks properly so I could use the thick hosho ended with two important damages that I had to fix (and almost unnoticeable in the final print); and, obviously, I didn't want to risk damaging this keyblock. What I did to the keyblock was to remove the margin text. (too much bloated and not perfectly carved for my taste).

The thick hosho. Obviously, 'cause I didn't recarve the keyblock, it can't be printed in this paper.

The 56 g/m2 white *hosho*. Very thin compared to the other hosho. All paper was damped together and printed at the same time.

The 6 monme (~37? g/m2) kizuki. With the humidity needed for the thick hosho, this paper was like silk...

I've ordered other paper (Nishinouchi and Echizen Kozo) to wide my options. The thick hosho I have will be used as companion-prints showing each colorblock print, not used for the prints themselves.

Hope you like it :-)

Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:12 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Post Re: Taketori Series
My bad, I wrote *hosho* paper but it's not the hosho (which broke 'cause it wasn't sized) but okawara paper instead.

Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:28 pm
Profile E-mail WWW