--- Go to the Woodblock.com Front Page ---

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:37 am

Recent print " Tuk Tuk" 

Post Recent print " Tuk Tuk"
This is one of my prints 15cm x 12cm - from a series of photographs taken in S.E Asia - Bangkok. Its our Tuk Tuk driver as seen in his rear view mirror .
I used Japanese plywood and Pearwood - it's printed on Kihada paper with pigments and Sumi ink. The image was manipulated and simplified with Photoshop, there was also a small amount of drawing to sort out some of the facial features . I traced the image onto the block using carbon paper.

I'm interested in using the transfer paper which peels away of the back - i'm interested in finding out if this can be put through a photocopier or computer printed because I use a mixture of drawing and scanning and computer manipulation to create my final images .

All advice welcome .....:) Gardner .

Attachments:
tuk tuk.jpg
tuk tuk.jpg [ 217.77 KiB | Viewed 12937 times ]
Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Post Re: Recent print " Tuk Tuk"
Hey, this is nifty! Nothing to 'criticize' at all really ... it looks very well done. (Is it 'crooked' for any particular reason?

Gardner Muirhead wrote:
I'm interested in using the transfer paper which peels away of the back - i'm interested in finding out if this can be put through a photocopier or computer printer

The double-layer paper does indeed go through a printer, although there is an issue that you have to be aware of - all laser printers (that I have tried) actually distort the paper very slightly as it passes through them, and if your registration is critical, you will have problems.

For an image of this type, I doubt the distortion would be enough to matter, but you should at least measure/test the output before carving it. More info on this problem is in this thread on my RoundTable.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:42 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Post Re: Recent print " Tuk Tuk"
The print is only squint because It wasn't put in the scanner properly when it was posted ! No artiness !! Thanks for your comments
Gardner :)

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:33 am
Profile E-mail