This description is rather sparse, and quite confusing, as Mr. Watson doesn't mention that he prints with his blocks placed face down on the printing paper.
His procedure at printing time is like this:
- Place the paper face up on the bed of the press.
- Place the Finder in position, lining it up with the two pencil marks.
- Place the inked block face down in position snugly against the Finder.
- Remove the finder.
- Print the impression, pushing the block down into the paper.
- Repeat steps 2~5 for each color ...
'Close' this window to return to the text ...